Things learned this past week developing Android apps:
- Cookies: A cookie isn't just a cookie, there are different RFC's which are apparently not implemented everywhere. More info on Cookiepolicy and in this Google search cries of developers trying to workaround broken cookies. Didn't really found a solution using the SDK, so went native and used good old curl
- SSL: Using self-signed certificates on Android is a PITA. (This is good for security ofcourse, but bad if you want to test something on your own development server). After googling and trying out a lot of different solutions, this one was the best/easiest: SSLSelfSigned.java from Nagroid
- Android ports: http://dan.drown.org/android/ is a cool site if you want your android more unixy.
- waitFor(): Don't forget Runtime.getRuntime().waitFor() when running a lot of native apps sequentially :)
- namespaces: Java packages can't have numbers only in the subpackages, e.g be.42.myapp. Booh.
- DNS: Everything is a fscking DNS problem! :-) DNS resolving for native apps only works when linked to Bionic libc. This doesn't seem to be the case for the stunnel from stunnel.org.
Post a Comment